I have been meaning to pursue blogging for a while now. More than a year ago I setup this website specifically with that in mind. Until recently, I had all the excuses in the world for not doing it more often. I could do a great job of convincing anyone, most importantly me, as to why I just could not find the time to do this. Well, I hope it changes now. Here are a few reasons why I wanted to blog in the first place.
1. Writing my thoughts down or trying to communicate in a way that clarifies the subject matter to me and others forces me to think more deeply.
2. My thoughts will exist for my own future reference.
3. Many times when I read something, I get a vague recollection of something I had seen or read in the past. It usually frustrates me when I cannot place exactly when, where or how. This way, at least, some of these ideas could be searched or referenced again in the future.
4. There is no better way to get good at something than to just do it, and do it often – in this case writing.
5. Pressure of peer/public review makes me do that extra diligence.
It is not exhaustive a list, but it’s a start